To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org This posting is open until filled.
Hours of Work: Monday 1:00pm – 6:30pm and Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00am - 5:00pm
Grid Level: Grid 10, $21.94/hour
Work Location: AVI Westshore: 111-2787 Jacklin Rd
The Medical Office Administrator will oversee the daily operation of the medical office by performing medical and secretarial duties, and help to maintain an efficient and cooperative operation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains health care staff schedules and appointments
- Performs or ensures completion of all secretarial and administrative duties for the clinic.
- Maintains record keeping/filing systems, screens and prioritizes incoming records and materials
- Manages medical referrals according to physician’s instructions and procedures
- Prepares documents and materials for medical clinics and/or patient visits as required
- Manages all invoicing and accounts receivable and follows up on variances.
- Provides and maintains a welcoming and safe reception for patients
- Collects, reads and enters all point of care tests
- Works with team to create positive, healthy, clinic environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ recent medical office experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with co-workers, clients, community, and other service providers
- Demonstrated knowledge of social justice, health promotion and public health approaches and models of social support and care
- Experience with MOIS system, an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures
- Ability to do financial calculations
- Ability to evaluate and monitor administrative systems and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to supervise
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Comfortable working with people who may have drug use or mental health concerns