PHONE 250-338-7400 FAX 250-334-8224
TOLL FREE / INFOLINE 1-877-311-7400
ADDRESS 355 6th St., Courtenay, BC, V9N 1M2
OFFICE HOURS Monday-Thursday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Friday: 11:00am-3:00pm
INFOLINE 1-800-665-2437 Learn more about HIV & HCV safer sex, HIV testing or transmission, STDs and harm reduction. Find services for you or someone you know. All confidential calls taken by trained staff and volunteers.
- Presentations for populations with greater exposure to HIV and HVC, social service organizations, and other community organizations are available by request.
- Educational materials promoting improved health, safer drug use, safer sex and more are available to the public at all AVI offices and online.
- Naloxone distribution and training
Services for people living with HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C
- Short-term counseling focused on immediate needs and outcomes
- Advocacy and support with income assistance, health care services, employment, housing, disability status applications and legal matters
- Non-judgmental education and support for treatment, side effects, nutrition and symptoms
- Care coordination
- Community health nurse available for wound care and health check-up once weekly
- Public health nurse available for vaccinations and blood testing once weekly
- Nurse practitioner available for weekly clinic to provide primary health care including most prescriptions
- Nurse clinician available weekly regarding HIV and hepatitis care
Harm reduction services
- Harm reduction supplies, support and education
- Education for safer drug use
- Referrals and links to other services
- Referral to and assistance navigating social and health care systems
Services for Gay, Bi and Trans Identified Men
- Sexual health workshops available
AVI gratefully acknowledges funding by United Way Central and North Vancouver Island.