PHONE 250-754-9111 FAX 250-754-9888
ADDRESS AVI Health and Community Services, 102-55 Victoria Road, Snuneymuxw Territory, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 5N9
AVI HEALTH CENTRE HOURS Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
AVI Health Centre
A low barrier Clinic that provides:
- HIV Primary Care
- PrEP prescribing and follow-up
- PEP access support
- STBBI testing and treatment
- Opiate Agonist Treatment (OAT) and substance use services
- HCV treatment
- Case management
- Health promotion and education
- Safer sex and drug use harm reduction supplies
- Peer support and Peer-led programming
- Positive Wellness Program – provides case management and community outreach for HIV and HCV positive clients.
- Men’s Wellness Program and Testing Nights - provides social programming and STBBI/PrEP services for MSM identified people.
- AVI Health Centre Outreach Team - provides low barrier health care and harm reduction services to support clients contemplating or accessing OAT and substance use services.
- Education Program - works with people who use drugs, self-identified Men who have sex with Men, clinic clients, schools, organizations, services providers, and community members to support HIV, HCV, addictions & sexual health harm reduction education.