PHONE 250-754-9111 FAX 250-754-9888
TOLL FREE 1-888-530-AIDS (2437)
ADDRESS AVI Health Centre, 102-55 Victoria Road, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 5N9
AVI HEALTH CENTRE HOURS (Low barrier, free treatment and support to people struggling with opiate addiction)
Monday: 9:00am - 2:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
AVI OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
AVI Health Centre
- Our AVI Health Centre (AVIHC) offers low barrier, free treatment and support to people struggling with opiate addiction.
- We also provide a weekly HIV Primary Care clinic. Our physician and nurse work with anyone living with HIV that wishes to access our health services. We are a low barrier easy to access health centre. Appointments can be made simply by calling our clinic.
- Our HIV Primary Care practice is available to anyone living with HIV
- Our nurse can provide STI (sexually transmitted infection) testing and treatment.
- One-minute HIV point of care screening tests are available for ANYONE
- Our patients utilizing OST treatment or living with HIV can access blood tests, pap smears, immunizations and wound care.
- With a harm reduction focus we offer education, treatment and support for clients living with HCV and HIV. Condoms, information and counseling about diseases and STIs, prevention and management as well as safer drug use are also available.
INFOLINE 1-800-665-2437 Learn more about HIV & HCV safer sex, HIV testing or transmission, STDs and harm reduction. Find services for you or someone you know. All confidential calls taken by trained staff and volunteers.
- Presentations for populations with greater exposure to HIV and HCV in prisons, social service organizations, and other community organizations are available by request.
- Educational materials promoting improved health, safer drug use, safer sex and more are available to the public at all AVI offices and online.
- Harm reduction supplies and information.
- Take home Naloxone trainings.
Services for people living with HIV/AIDS and/or Hepatitis C - Positive Wellness Program (PWP)
- Short-term counseling focused on immediate needs and outcomes.
- Advocacy and support with income assistance, health care services, employment, housing, disability status applications.
- Non-judgmental education and support for treatment, side effects, nutrition, and symptoms HIV+ and HepC+, member-only program and space for peers to interact while enjoying refreshments and Boost Nutritional Supplement.
- Port Alberni Advocacy, support, referrals and counseling are available upon request.
Supports for Gay, Bi and Trans Identified Men
- Men’s Wellness Program
- HIV and STI testing events
- Sexual health workshops available