Services in Victoria
AVI acknowledges the territories of the Kwakwaka'wakw, Nuu-chah-nulth, and Coast Salish peoples. Thank you to the Coast Salish peoples for having us as guests on your traditional territories.
Address: 3rd Floor - Access Health Centre, 713 Johnson St, Victoria BC V8W 1M8
Phone: 250-384-2366 | Fax: 250-380-9411
Harm Reduction Services, 3-10pm: 250-889-0268
Mobile Harm Reduction (Wed-Sun, 12-4pm): 250-896-AVIX (2849)
Services for people in our community living with HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), AIDS (autoimmune deficiency syndrome), HCV (hepatitis C virus), people who use drugs, trans folks, gay men, bisexual men, queer men and men who have sex with men are available across Vancouver Island. Please contact an AVI office near you for support.
INFOLINE: 1-800-665-2437 Learn more about HIV & HCV safer sex, HIV testing or transmission, STDs and harm reduction. Find services for you or someone you know. All confidential calls taken by trained staff and volunteers.
Presentations for populations with greater exposure to HIV and HVC in prisons, social service organizations, and other community organizations are available by request.
Educational materials promoting improved health, safer drug use, safer sex and more are available to the public at all AVI offices and online.
Volunteer Services provides and opportunity to give back to your community while developing invaluable training and work experience
SERVICES FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS or HEPATITIS C
- Short-term counseling focused on immediate needs and outcomes
- Advocacy and support with income assistance, health care services, employment, housing, disability status applications and legal matters
- Non-judgmental education and support for treatment, side effects, nutrition and symptoms
- HIV+, member-only program and space for peers to interact while enjoying refreshments and a hot, nutritious lunch. Open to folks who are HepC+ on Tuesdays.
- Weekly drop-in medical clinic
- Public transportation ticket access
- Referrals to other services
SERVICES FOR GAY MEN
HARM REDUCTION SERVICES & DRUG RELATED SUPPORT SERVICES
- Daily Drop-in from 3pm - 10pm
- Harm reduction supplies and support
- Education for safer drug use
- Access to Island Health or Cool AID Street Nurse support
- Referral and assistance navigating social and health care systems
- Correctional facility specific harm reduction education, support and outreach
- Toll-free number for support and referral from BC correctional institutions
- Treatment and counseling referral
- Street College, seasonal session (call 250-384-2366 to register)