Volunteers play a critically important role throughout AVI, supporting our Harm Reduction Programing, the Positive Wellness Program, and the Health Promotion/Education/Community Development Department.
Volunteers support AVI's services in Nanaimo and Courtenay. We are currently not able to offer volunteer opportunities in Victoria or Campbell River.
- For volunteer opportunities in our Comox Valley office, please contact Kayla Funk at email@example.com. Volunteer opportunities in Comox Valley include:
- Front Desk Reception
- Assembling and Distributing Harm Reduction Supplies
- Set Up, Clean Up and Support for Monthly Community Kitchen
- Education, Outreach and Events (e.g. tabling for World Hepatitis Day, International Overdose Awareness Day, World AIDS Day etc.)
- For volunteer opportunities in our Nanaimo office, please reach out to Claire Dineen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Although volunteers do not work directly to provide in depth supports to clients, all of our client programing depends on the hard work of volunteers. Without volunteers, we would be severely hampered in the work that we do.
AVI takes a harm reduction, sex positive and social justice based approach. The most important things that we look for in our volunteers are the capacity to respect the confidentiality of our clients, and a non-judgemental attitude.
We have volunteer opportunities suitable to those who prefer working independently, as well as for those who prefer working in groups. Likewise, there are some opportunities where a dependable schedule is necessary and others where the time commitment is very flexible.
We looking forward to hearing from you!