AVI’s mission is to serve the needs of people infected and affected by HIV and hepatitis C. We take evidence-based action to prevent infection, provide support, and reduce stigma. To help us achieve this mission, AVI engages in research that will inform the development, content and delivery of prevention and support programming that addresses the needs of those infected with or at-risk of HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis C.
Our involvement in research is often done in partnership with university-based or community-based researchers. AVI also makes efforts to engage in knowledge translation and mobilization, bring research back to the community by hosting presentations for staff, clients, other service providers and the community.
The purpose of research at AVI is to:
- Provide support for AVI’s programs and services;
- Provide support for the organization’s strategic goals;
- Build strong community networks;
- Involve the people impacted by research in meaningful ways; and
- Enhance the capacity among AVI staff, volunteers, clients and partner organizations.
If you are interested in discussing a research proposal, please contact us at email@example.com