Services in the Port Hardy area
PO Box 52, Port Hardy, BC VON 2P0
Phone: 250-949-0432| Fax: 250-902-6052
INFOLINE: 1-800-665-2437 Learn more about HIV & HCV safer sex, HIV testing or transmission, STIs and harm reduction. Find services for you or someone you know. All confidential calls taken by trained staff and volunteers.
Presentations for populations with greater exposure to HIV and HVC in social service organizations and community organizations are available by request.
Robert Scott School Youth Group every Friday 2-5pm. Includes access to youth addictions counselor.
Educational materials promoting improved health, safer drug use, safer sex and more are available to the public at all AVI offices and online.
Pre and Post Test Counseling available to anyone including testing wait period and history tracing.
Weekly Lunch Program at Family Place every Wednesday from 10am-1pm except when assistance checks are issued.
SERVICES FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS OR HEPATITIS C
- Short-term counseling focused on immediate needs and outcomes
- Advocacy and support with income assistance, health care services, employment, housing, disability status applications and legal matters
- Non-judgmental education and support for treatment, side effects, nutrition and symptoms
- Nurse practitioner available anytime upon request
HARM REDUCTION SERVICES
- Harm reduction supplies (including pipes and mouth pieces), support and education
- Education for safer drug use
- Referrals and links to other services
- Referral to and assistance navigating social and health care systems