Services available in the Port Hardy area
- Infoline (1-800-665-2437) provides information about HIV/AIDS & hepatitis C (HCV), safer sex, HIV testing or transmission, STDs, harm reduction, etc. The confidential calls are administered by trained volunteers and staff.
- HIV/HCV-related presentations for high-risk populations in communities, schools, social service organizations, and other community organizations.
- AVI’s extensive collection of material regarding HIV/HCV-related issues available to the public at our office. Education Information, resources, presentations and displays can be requested through the staff at any of our locations.
SERVICES FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS OR HEPATITIS C
- Short-term solution-focused counseling and support
- Advocacy and support with issues regarding income assistance, health care, employment, housing, and legal matters
- Persons With Disability status application assessment and assistance
- Referrals and links to other services
- Non-judgmental education and support for treatment, side effects, nutrition and symptoms
- Monthly community kitchen on Wednesdays (except for cheque issue days)
For more information for services for HIV+ or hepC+ people visit Positive Wellness Program.
MOBILE HARM REDUCTION SERVICES
- Access to harm reduction supplies, support and education around safer drug use
- Appropriate referrals and links to other services
- Harm reduction-focused education and support
- Assistance navigating current healthcare and social assistance structures for access
For more information about these services please contact us.