Applicants should submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Work: Casual/on-call, up to 15 hours/week. Clinic is open Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00am-5:00pm with possibility of extended hours and days to come.
Work Location: Westshore AVI Health Centre, 111-2787 Jacklin Rd, Langford
Job Summary: The Medical Office Administrator will oversee the daily operation of the medical office by performing medical and secretarial duties, and help to maintain an efficient and cooperative operation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains health care staff schedules and appointments
- Performs or ensures completion of all secretarial and administrative duties for the clinic.
- Maintains record keeping/filing systems, screens and prioritizes incoming records and materials
- Manages medical referrals according to physician’s instructions and procedures
- Prepares documents and materials for medical clinics and/or patient visits as required
- Manages all invoicing and accounts receivable and follows up on variances.
- Provides and maintains a welcoming and safe reception for patients
- Collects, reads and enters all point of care tests
- Works with team to create positive, healthy, clinic environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ recent medical office experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with co-workers, clients, community, and other service providers
- Demonstrated knowledge of social justice, health promotion and public health approaches and models of social support and care
- Experience with MOIS system is an asset
- Experience with occupational health and safety standards and procedures
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
Professional Registration or License: Not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures
- Ability to do financial calculations
- Ability to evaluate and monitor administrative systems and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to supervise
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Comfortable working with people who may have drug use or mental health concerns
We encourage applications from, but not limited to, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, persons living with disabilities, persons who use/d illicit drugs, persons with experience of sex work, and persons representing diverse genders and sexualities.