Volunteers play a critically important role throughout AVI, supporting our Harm Reduction Programing, the Positive Wellness Program, and the Health Promotion/Education/Community Development Department.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Food Prep for the Harm Reduction Drop In
- Education, Outreach & Events (e.g. Tabling, Distributing Safer Sex Supplies, Pride, World Hep C Day)
- Set Up, Clean Up & Support During the Positive Wellness Program's Lunch Service.
- Assembling Harm Reduction Supplies into kits
- Assembling Safer Sex Supplies into kits
- Folding & Research of a Distribution List & Distribution of AVI produced harm reduction material, "Dope Guide"
Although volunteers do not work directly to provide in depth supports to clients, all of our programing depends on the work of volunteers.
AVI takes a harm reduction, sex positive and social justice based approach. The most important things that we look for in our volunteers are the capacity to respect the confidentiality of our clients, and a non-judgemental attitude.
We have volunteer opportunities suitable to those who prefer working independently, as well as for those who prefer working in groups. Likewise, there are some opportunities where a dependable schedule is necessary and others where the time commitment is very flexible.
If you would like to volunteer, please complete a Volunteer Application, and attend the next volunteer orientation & trainings. We then schedule one on one placement meetings before you get started in a role.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 250-384-2366 ext. 3114.
We look forward to hearing from you!