Job Classification: Payroll Administrator
Job Summary: The Payroll Administrator ensures the timely and accurate preparation of bi-weekly payroll for 60+ union and non-union employees, as well as completes group benefits, pension, long-term disability and Worksafe BC administration.
Hours of Work: 7.5 per week
Hourly Wage Rate: $19.69
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing of payroll and subsequent reporting using Payworks and Excel, including performing earnings calculations, and transmission of payroll information.
- Ensures completion of payroll duties. Verifies the accuracy of payroll reports. Investigates and resolves discrepancies, and follows up on problems.
- Ensures completion of year-end reporting including completing working papers, annual T-4 slips, and related summaries. Collects information required for budgets and audits.
- Completes and maintains records and compiles information including preparing ROEs, and Worksafe BC claims. Performs analyses and summaries such as calculating retroactive payments, vacation and sick banks, and benefit entitlements.
- Completes and maintains records and compiles information including preparing applications for extended health, MSP benefits, long-term disability claims, and the municipal pension plan.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education, Training, and Experience:
- High school or equivalent
- Recent, related payroll experience of three years, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience and comfort with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must have experience in both union and non-union environments
- Experience with automated payroll systems such as Payworks is an asset
- Must be able to work Tuesdays
Professional Registration or License:
Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, display tact, respect and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of practices and procedures related to accounting and payroll
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to do mathematical and financial calculations
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm, June 21st, 2017.