Applicants should submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com by 5:00pm on May 28, 2018
Grid Level: Grid 5, $18.18/hour plus 9.6% in lieu of benefits
Hours of Work: Casual/on-call. Shifts are Monday to Friday 9:00am-1:00pm
Work Location: 713 Johnson Street, Victoria, BC
The Cook plans and prepares a daily hot lunch for Positive Wellness members living with HIV and/or hepatitis C. The Positive Wellness Program offers a daily (Monday-Friday) drop-in space and serves approximately 50 hot lunches per day to HIV and/or HCV positive individuals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and cooks (including ordering) a weekly menu of nutritious, hot lunches for program members
- Maintains a clean and safe workspace at all times, including food storage areas and kitchen
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation for submission to the Manager
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Experience:
- FOODSAFE Level 1
- Experience preparing and cooking nutritious food for 50 people or more
- Experience working within a social justice context and/or with vulnerable people preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to supervise
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe food preparation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the specific nutritional needs for living well with HIV/AIDS.
- Working knowledge of the issues surrounding substance use, mental health and communicable diseases.