Grid Level: 5A, $18.85
Hours of Work: Variable
Shifts: 9:00am - 1:00pm, Monday to Friday
Work Location: 713 Johnson Street, Victoria
Start Date: February 25, 2019
To Apply: please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
The Cook plans and prepares a daily hot lunch for Positive Wellness members living with HIV and/or hepatitis C. The Positive Wellness Program offers a daily (Monday-Friday) drop-in space and serves approximately 50 hot lunches per day to HIV and/or HCV positive individuals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and cooks a weekly menu of nutritious, hot lunches for program members
- Maintains a clean and safe workspace at all times, including food storage areas and kitchen
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation for submission to the Manager
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Experience:
- FOODSAFE Level 1
- Experience preparing and cooking nutritious food for 50 people or more
- Experience working within a social justice context preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to supervise
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe food preparation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the specific nutritional needs for living well with HIV/AIDS.
- Working knowledge of the issues surrounding substance use, mental health and communicable diseases.
We encourage applications from, but not limited to, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, persons living with disabilities, persons who use/d illicit drugs, persons with experience of sex work, and persons representing diverse genders and sexualities.