Applicants can submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: The Care Coordinator /Medical Administrator will oversee the daily operation of the medical office by performing medical and secretarial duties, and help to maintain an efficient and cooperative operation.
Grid Level: Grid 10, $21.53/hour
Hours of Work: Casual/on-call. Shifts are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am-5:00pm
Work Location: AVI Westshore Health Centre, 111-2787 Jacklin Rd
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains health care staff schedules and appointments
- Performs or ensures completion of all secretarial and administrative duties for the clinic.
- Maintains record keeping/filing systems, screens and prioritizes incoming records and materials
- Manages medical referrals according to physician’s instructions and procedures
- Prepares documents and materials for medical clinics and/or patient visits as required
- Manages all invoicing and accounts receivable and follows up on variances.
- Provides and maintains a welcoming and safe reception for patients
- Collects, reads and enters all point of care tests
- Assists with internal audits
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ recent medical office experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with co-workers, clients, community, and other service providers
- Demonstrated knowledge of social justice, health promotion and public health approaches and models of social support and care
- Experience with OHS standards and procedures
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
Professional Registration or License: Not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures
- Ability to do financial calculations
- Ability to evaluate and monitor administrative systems and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to supervise
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
We encourage applications from, but not limited to, indigenous persons, persons of colour, persons living with disabilities, persons who use/d illicit drugs, persons with experience of sex work, and persons representing diverse genders and sexualities.