Meet Kevin Hornbrook, Registered Nurse with Certified Practice in Sexual Health and AVI Health and Community Services Manager in Nanaimo.
- How long have you been a nurse? 6.5 years
- What brought you to nursing?: To work with queer and marginalized communities to build our knowledge and capacity to improve our overall health outcomes and to work towards destigmatizing health care culture that serves marginalized communities.
- What do you like about your workplace?: The clients that we work with and the values and passion of my colleagues.
- If you weren't a nurse, you would be: a Park Ranger
- If you were a dance move, you would be: the Wobble
- If you were an animal, you would be: a Nuthatch
- If you were a instrument, you would be: a Drum Machine
- If you had a million dollars to spend anyway you wanted to, you would: Travel across Northern Canada, buy a house in New Orleans, Louisiana, and invest a chunk of the money.
- Any shout outs to other nurses you want to share? I have had the chance to work alongside and learn with many incredible Nurses committed to advancing clients' capacity to make informed decisions and to be proactive about their health. I am thankful for these experiences!
Photo is Kevin, Dennis (his Husband) and Roy (their dog) at Keeha Beach