Now in its sixth year, the “We Are Here” anti-stigma project involves local people living with HIV sharing their personal stories with their communities, reminding us all that HIV doesn’t just happen elsewhere – it happens right here, too. This project features “Storyboards”, an art installation, where a collection of diverse images and real-life stories and experiences of local HIV+ folks will be on display during AIDS Awareness Week and Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week (Nov. 24th-Dec. 6th).
You can see the project at the locations listed below:
- All of the Greater Victoria Public Libraries
- AVI Health Centre, #102-55 Victoria Road, Nanaimo
- Comox Library: 1720 Beaufort Ave, Comox
- Courtenay Library: 300 6th St, Courtenay
- Campbell River Library: 1240 Shoppers Row, Campbell River