Information about HIV & hepatitis C
If you have a question, any question, about HIV or hepatitis C transmission, contact our HIV/AIDS Info-Line at (250) 384-2366. Outside of Greater Victoria, you can call our Info-Line toll-free at 1-800-665-2437.
Our health promotion and community development team offer a wide-range of educational services to communities across Vancouver Island. These services include:
- Infoline (1-800-665-2437) provides information about HIV & HCV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus & Hepatitis C Virus), safer sex, HIV testing or transmission, STDs, harm reduction, etc. The confidential calls are administered by trained volunteers and staff.
- Presentations on a varieity of topics for high-risk populations in prisons, social service organizations, and other community organizations.
- The Men’s Wellness Program offers support, information and outreach to men who have sex with men, as well as hosting community events and group programming.
- The Hepatitis C Community Education Training series recruits and trains volunteers in each region in hepatitis C information and support referral and assists them in design and delivery of innovative education around HCV.
- AVI’s extensive collection of material regarding HIV/HCV-related issues is available to the public. Education Information, resources, presentations and displays can be requested through the staff at any of our locations.