Services in the Comox Valley
Address: 355 6th St., Courtenay, BC, V9N 1M2
Phone: 250-338-7400 | Fax: 250-334-8224
Toll free Infoline: 1-877-311-7400
- INFOLINE: 1-800-665-2437 Learn more about HIV & HCV safer sex, HIV testing or transmission, STDs and harm reduction. Find services for you or someone you know. All confidential calls taken by trained staff and volunteers.
- Presentations for populations with greater exposure to HIV and HVC, social service organizations, and other community organizations are available by request.
- Educational materials promoting improved health, safer drug use, safer sex and more are available to the public at all AVI offices and online.
SERVICES FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS OR HEPATITIS C
- Short-term counseling focused on immediate needs and outcomes
- Advocacy and support with income assistance, health care services, employment, housing, disability status applications and legal matters
- Non-judgmental education and support for treatment, side effects, nutrition and symptoms
- Lounge Drop In
- Care coordination
- Community health nurse available for wound care and health check-up once weekly
- Public health nurse available for vaccinations and blood testing once weekly
- Nurse practitioner available for weekly clinic to provide primary health care including most prescriptions
- Nurse clinician available weekly regarding HIV and hepatitis care
HARM REDUCTION SERVICES
- Harm reduction supplies, support and education
- Education for safer drug use
- Referrals and links to other services
- Referral to and assistance navigating social and health care systems
SERVICES FOR GAY & QUEER MEN
Sexual health workshops available