Services in the Comox Valley
Address: 355 6th St., Courtenay, BC, V9N 1M2
Phone: 250-338-7400 | Fax: 250-334-8224
Toll free Infoline: 1-877-311-7400
INFOLINE: 1-800-665-2437 Learn more about HIV & HCV safer sex, HIV testing or transmission, STDs and harm reduction. Find services for you or someone you know. All confidential calls taken by trained staff and volunteers.
Presentations for populations with greater exposure to HIV and HVC, social service organizations, and other community organizations are available by request.
Educational materials promoting improved health, safer drug use, safer sex and more are available to the public at all AVI offices and online.
SERVICES FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS OR HEPATITIS C
- Short-term counseling focused on immediate needs and outcomes
- Advocacy and support with income assistance, health care services, employment, housing, disability status applications and legal matters
- Non-judgmental education and support for treatment, side effects, nutrition and symptoms
- Lounge Drop In
- Community health nurse available for wound care and health check-up once weekly
- Public health nurse available for vaccinations and blood testing once weekly
- Nurse practitioner available for weekly clinic to provide primary health care including most prescriptions
- Nurse clinician available weekly regarding HIV and hepatitis care
HARM REDUCTION SERVICES
- Harm reduction supplies, support and education
- Education for safer drug use
- Referrals and links to other services
- Referral to and assistance navigating social and health care systems
- Cold weather outreach from Novermber to March
SERVICES FOR GAY & QUEER MEN
- HIV+ Gay Men’s support group
- Sexual health workshops available
- For confidential information about these services please contact us.